Correction to the "Ethernet problem"

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Tue Feb 5 08:03:58 UTC 2008

Leon,

Leon Pollak schrieb:
> Well, the switch theory is clear.
> But isn't the first arp request enough for the switch to learn that RTEMS box
> has that MAC address? Actually, even the first arp "box to itself" should
> teach it were is it, no?
> Besides, IMHO, this can not explain the loss of INCOMING packet after two
> outgoing were sent and I saw them in my PC via the same switch.

Ok, this really points to the hardware reset at the "source" of the
problem, either inside the PHY or the MPC8260.

- Once again: After reset, the PHY has at least 5 seconds time for
auto-negotiation, before the ethernet traffic starts? This should be
ensured with the download time anyway...

- Can you possibly send me the source of the ethernet driver just to
double check, that everything is all right there?

wkr,
Thomas.

> Thanks!

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
Tel. : +49-89-18 90 80 79-2
Fax  : +49-89-18 90 80 79-9
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de