Switch enable-multilib to default

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Feb 21 04:50:32 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 14:47 +1100, Chris Johns wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >
> > The purpose of this step is to encourage people to build RTEMS
> > multilib'ed, to extend exposure of multilibs and to shake out
> > multilib-related issues early in RTEMS development process.
> > (ATM, we have a pretty poor footprint on such issues)
> >

> I think this change is a good idea although it does increase build time.
It doesn't. All it does is forcing users who want to stay with the
"one-tree"/"rebuild everything per-bsp" to pass --disable-multilib to
the toplevel configure.

For users who work on several BSPs at the same time (using several
multilib variants), or users who work on a BSP or applications (those
who don't change cpukit), almost nothing changes.

To the contrary, it speeds up "per-BSP compliation time".

> I am concerned about the current state of the m68k target given it will not
> build with the --enable-multilib option due to GCC PR32307. Does this mean we
> will not be able to ship a 4.9 release until it is fixed ?
AFAICT, it seems to be fixed in gcc-4.3.x ;)

Ralf