_ISR_Handler

Allan Hessenflow allanh-rtems2 at kallisti.com
Mon Feb 25 16:40:31 UTC 2008

>> As part of doing a bf537 bsp, I've written a new blackfin interrupt
>> handler.
>> It seems to work.  However, I see at least one problem with the
>> _ISR_Handler
>> documentation at:
>> http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.8.0/share/rtems/html/porting/porting00035.html
>>
>> So, I'm hoping someone who understands the RTEMS interrupt handling better
>> than I could take a look to see if the rest is okay, so I can try to get
>> it right before submitting any code.
>>
>> The problem I'm fairly certain is present in that example is that it
>> never decrements _Thread_Dispatch_disable_level.
>>
> I tried to read this assembly to help you out but bfin
> assembly is a bit cryptic to me.

I meant that the pseudo-code in the document referenced above doesn't
decrement _Thread_Dispatch_disable_level, not the existing bfin code.
The existing bfin code has a couple of other problems unrelated to that
document; I have written a version that solves those.

Anytime I see a documentation problem, I'm immediately suspicious of
the rest of the section, hence my question.

> When the documentation is not clear, I always refer to the m68k
> port on these things.  It is the easiest to read IMO.   It clears
> the _ISR_Signals_to_thread_executing only if it is needed.  The
> SPARC is also fairly easy to read and it does the same thing.

Okay, I'll use m68k as my reference...

allan

Allan N. Hessenflow      allanh at kallisti.com