Help with MinGW and 4.8 release candidate

Richard Greer rgreer at activepower.com
Tue Jan 8 20:29:06 UTC 2008

I recently downloaded MinGW and the requisite RTEMS tools to build RTEMS
for the PowerPC.  I grabbed the 4.8 release branch of RTEMS from CVS and
tried building it.  The bootstrap and configure both appear to work, but
when I try to make it, I get the following error:

../../../../../../rtems/c/src/../../cpukit/libcsupport/src/__gettod.c:40
: error: conflicting types for 'gettimeofday'
c:/opt/rtems-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-rtems4.8/4.2.1/../../../../power
pc-rtems4.8/include/sys/time.h:73: error: previous declaration of
'gettimeofday' was here
make[5]: *** [src/libcsupport_a-__gettod.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I am using 4.8-16 of the RTEMS MinGW tools.  I was wondering if there is
an update for those tools that I might be missing, as I have a RedHat
box that can build it just fine (it is a long story why I also want to
build RTEMS using MinGW that I will not bore you with), but I believe it
has more recent copies of the build tools.

It is most likely the case that I have missed something obvious, since I
do not play with MinGW much at all.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard Greer