Help with MinGW and 4.8 release candidate

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Jan 8 23:45:23 UTC 2008

Chris Johns wrote:
> Richard Greer wrote:
>
>> I am using 4.8-16 of the RTEMS MinGW tools.  I was wondering if there is
>> an update for those tools that I might be missing, as I have a RedHat
>> box that can build it just fine (it is a long story why I also want to
>> build RTEMS using MinGW that I will not bore you with), but I believe it
>> has more recent copies of the build tools.
>>
>> It is most likely the case that I have missed something obvious, since I
>> do not play with MinGW much at all.  Any help would be appreciated.
>>

> I need to create a new set of tools. Something must have moved between newlib
> and RTEMS. I will send a post when I have the tools built.

newlib 1.16 pointed out that we had a couple of calls which
did not match the POSIX spec.  They got fixed and this broke
things.

We need to figure out how to disable the newlib __assert.
On 4.9 builds, it it being used instead of the one in
RTEMS.  This negatively impacts code size because printf()
comes in again. :(

--joel