flashdisk real-time behavior

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Jan 30 07:39:28 UTC 2008

Till Straumann wrote:
> With the new flashdisk support there is an opportunity
> for me to reiterate my rant at libblock/bdbuf.

Thanks for raising this issue. I was not aware of it.

> Could someone familiar with the flashdisk comment, please?

I think the situation be even longer as segments could be compacted then
erased and there could be a number of these.

> Anyways, IMHO libblock/bdbuf should be converted to using mutex protection
> (I have started some work in that direction).

Great. May I suggest opening a PR and attaching your patch as it is and I will
take a look and sort through it. I have a need to look at this code in detail
so this may all tie together.

Regards
Chris