new filesystem on RTEMS

Wed Jan 30 20:50:03 UTC 2008

Thomas Doerfler wrote:
> Aitor,
>
> as a starting point, you may want to look at
>
> http://www.rtems.com/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.7.1/share/rtems/html/filesystem/index.html
>
> for the documentation on the API requirements of a new filesystem.

That documentation was written when the filesystem infrastructure
was initially implemented.  It should be mostly correct.  But ...

If you spot things that don't match the code, please send comments
or -- even better -- patches.
> You may also find it useful to have a look at the outer interface of the
> DOSFS implementation in cpukit/libfs/src/dosfs, starting in
> "msdos_fsmount.c"

Even simpler might be the tftp client filesystem.  It won't take
you as far but there isn't near as much code to it.

--joel