Using sqrt() in RTEMS Task

Thu Jul 24 13:06:03 UTC 2008

Christian Poessinger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to use the sqrt() call in RTEMS tasks, or is this function
> only available to POSIX tasks? I tried including the math.h and appending
> a -lm to my LIBS var in the Makefile but I always receive the error:
>
> o-optimize/lat.o: In function `sTask':
> /home/source/RTEMS/lat/lat.c:80: undefined reference to `sqrt'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [o-optimize/lat.exe] Error 1
>
> It looks like to me that math.h and libm.a could not be found.

This doesn't mean math.h wasn't found.  That would have
been a warning or error during compilation of lat.c to lat.o.

This means you didn't link against -lm when linking the
program just like if you were compiling a native program.

The only thing to note on RTEMS is that each Classic API
task may optionally have the FPU enabled and have an FP
context.  Include the attribute RTEMS_FLOATING_POINT
on the task create call for all tasks doing FPU operations.