RFC : Heap management using TLSF

Keith Robertson kjrobert at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jul 23 17:43:57 UTC 2008

Chris Caudle wrote:
> Is LGPL compatible to ship with the GPL-plus-exceptions license of RTEMS?
> I have to admit, I'm not quite clear on what the difference is between
> RTEMS variant of GPL and LGPL, or why RTEMS did not use LGPL.  Is it
> historical, e.g. LGPL did not exist at the time the decision was made?

I seem to recall that a member of the list (possibly Pavel?) knew the
author of TLSF and thought that if there was a licensing problem, the
author may be willing to relicense it under an rtems compatible license.

As an aside, I too would be interested to understand the difference
between LGPL and GPL + rtems exception.

Keith