RFC : Heap management using TLSF

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Thu Jul 31 23:39:20 UTC 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008 06:10:28 pm Joel Sherrill wrote:
> So you really are up to the license being a problem.

Hello everybody,

I am forwarding Ismael's reply to the list, because his direct reply
is on hold for moderator or discarded by the list rules.
The TLFS licensing has been already adjusted to be compatible
with RTEMS after Tim's yesterday inquiry. So there should
not be problem to use code in RTEMS core.

There is exact wording of the exception

As a special exception, including TLSF header files in a file, or linking with
other files objects to produce an executable application, is merely considered
normal use of the library, and does *not* fall under the heading of "derived
work". Therefore does not by itself cause the resulting executable application
to be covered by the GNU General Public License. This exception does not
however invalidate any other reasons why the executable file might be covered
by the GNU Public License.

Best wishes,

                     Pavel