BSP for powerpc board

Thu Jun 12 18:35:23 UTC 2008

mihaela elena grigore wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Wind River SBCPOWERQUICCII board with a MPC8260 cpu. What
> would be the most appropriate rtems bsp for this board ? Can I use one
> of the existing bsps ?
>
> I tried ppcn_60x, score603e, mpc8260ads and compiled a hello world
> application, but after booting I get no output on the serial port that I
> use for configuring and booting the board. If this because of wrong bsp ?

I am very sure that the mpc8260ads is the BSP you want to
start with because the other two are VMEBus 603e based
boards.  But there are always a variety of minor implementation
differences between boards based upon system on chips.
More than likely the board you have is different from the
mpc8260ads in something like download format, external
clock speed or on some boards how the external pins are
mapped to the peripherals.

The best thing to do is start with the manual of the
WRS board and compare what it says to the assumptions
during the mpc8260ads BSP initialization.

You will likely end up adding a BSP variant to the mpc8260ads
BSP so the differences are accounted for.

Not much precise help I am afraid except to eliminate
two wrong BSPs and give you a path.  Perhaps someone
with a custom mpc8260 board can offer more advice.