RTEMS on multi-core/multi-processor

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jun 9 05:46:23 UTC 2008

Tobias,

AFAIK currently RTEMS has no awareness of multicore processors. If you
have multiple execution units in your system, you might run a separate
instance of RTEMS on each of these cores, and couple them through
"global" OS objects like semaphores, message queues etc. Then your
configuration is similar to a system of multiple, loosely coupled
processor systems.

wkr,
Thomas.