AMCC ppc440EPx BSP

Tim Cussins timcussins at eml.cc
Fri Jun 27 10:23:09 UTC 2008

Michael Hamel wrote:

> On 27/06/2008, at 9:55 PM, Tim Cussins wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm about to start work on a bsp for the AMCC ppc440EPx  (Sequoia Board).
>>
>> There was a bit of traffic a few weeks back regarding some AMCC bsp
>> ideas - is anyone working on this, or any other AMCC bsp?
>

> I sent a prototype 405GP/EX BSP for inclusion to Thomas D about a month
> ago, but I haven't heard back from him, so I'm not sure what its status
> is. I will be continuing to work on it, particularly the network driver,
> when I get done with another project I am involved in at the moment. I
> presume at least some of the code involved will work on the 440 with a
> little modification...

Nice one. I actually fired a private email to a 'Nigel Spon' at ADI
regarding that bsp: no reply that time though...

Sounds like your prototype could be a good starting point: the boot code
may be a little different (TLBs etc) but the intc and uart are probably
identical (according to amcc, most peripherals are reused across the
range, as you'd expect).

I'd like to work contribute to this work - network drivers are high on
our priority list too btw ;) Failing that, I'll get started anyways, and
we can compare notes later :P

Cheers,
Tim