Compiling the RTEMS examples on Mingw

Teng Chee Wan Philip tcheewan at ntu.edu.sg
Sun Mar 2 04:10:34 UTC 2008

Has anyone tried compiling the hello-world examples using the pre-built
binaries provided by Gaisler Research, on Mingw?

Please correct me if I am wrong.  I did the following:

a.  Unzip sparc-rtems-4.7.99.2-gcc-4.2.1-1.0.4-mingw.zip into /opt
b.  Compile the sample programs under "/opt/rtems-4.8-mingw/src".

In the first compilation, I obtained two warnings on "incompatible
implicit declaration of built-infunction 'printf' " and "incompatible
implicit declaration of built-infunction 'exit' " in function 'Init'.  I
added the library path -L/opt/rtems-4.8-mingw/sparc-rtems/lib to remove
the warnings.

I tried running the compiled code in TSIM.  The program exited normally
without doing a printf of the "hello world".

Any idea why?  Thanks.

Philip