MSYS tools installation crashes

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Mon Mar 17 13:48:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

now I have to answer my own posting:

We found a strange answer to our problem, googling for MSYS and shell
crashes:

http://osdir.com/ml/gnu.mingw.msys/2007/msg00056.html

Obviously the logitech webcam software installed and running on that
machine influenced the behaviour of the MSYS environmnet.

Killing the running process "lvprcsrv.exe" made the MSYS system run
properly again.

Hm.

I should have thought about it before. Should I ? Anybody has an idea
what is the link between these two pieces of software?

Well, anyway, the system seems to run MUCH better now. And maybe this
posting will avoid others to spend more time than neccesary to come
around this trap.

wkr,

Thomas.

Thomas Doerfler schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> currently we are trying to install a MSYS-based RTEMS-4.8 toolset on a
> windows (WinXP SP2) notebook. Unfortunately, the installation procedure
> crashed and fails.
>
> We are using the "rtems4.8-17.exe" as the installer. We want to install
> the autotools and the sparc-specific toolset.
>
> During the installation of the autotools toolset, we get a error message
> "sh 33248 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace ..."
>
> We have checked PATH, there is no reference in it to a different cygwin
> or msys installation.
>
> We have disabled the virus scanner during installation.
>
> Any hints on how we can track down the installation problem and how we
> can solve it?
>
> wkr,
>
> Thomas.

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
Tel. : +49-89-18 90 80 79-2
Fax  : +49-89-18 90 80 79-9
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de