Memory address not aligned with leon2

Arquer Stephane stephane.arquer at c-s.cnes.fr
Mon Mar 17 17:59:06 UTC 2008

Hello,

I work with a custom leon2 bsp over Rtems 4.8.
I get the trap(0x07) : memory address not aligned at the address
0x400af460.

Could someone explain to me what this error is in simple words ?

When I compile the same code with rtems 4.7.1 the error doesn't exist.

Do you have an idea where I could find the source of such a problem ?

I modified linkcmds file in our bsp according our fpga map:

_CLOCK_SPEED = 20;
_PROM_SIZE   = 4M;
_RAM_SIZE    = 4M;

_RAM_START = 0x40060000;
_RAM_END = _RAM_START + _RAM_SIZE;

MEMORY
{
  rom     : ORIGIN = 0x00000000, LENGTH = 256M
  ram     : ORIGIN = 0x40060000, LENGTH = 1024M
}

Thanks for help.

sa