sparc-rtems4.8-sis simulator not available on MSYS

Tue Mar 18 14:51:18 UTC 2008

Thomas Doerfler wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> we are just proceeding with our SPARC session here and we are happpy to
> have the SPARC toolchain up and running under MSYS.
>
> Unfortunately we found out that sparc-rtems4.8-gdb under MSYS does not
> come with the SIS simulator :-(
>
> Is there a technical reason why it was excluded or could this be
> reenabled? The same toolchain version under Linux (openSUSE 10.3) is
> more complete.

All of the gdb simulators we have BSPs for use POSIX signals.
Chris made an offer of resolving it a year or so ago but the
discussion devolved into "we won't accept a small solution
but want the thing fixed right."  But I don't recall anyone defining
"right".

You don't have sis, pim, or jmr3904.  You do have qemu and skyeye
as simulators available under mingw.  So there are some BSPs you
can run there.

As best I can tell, the maintenance is very light on all the simulators
in gdb.