Multiprocessing for SPARC/ERC32

Sylvain Jouanneau sylvain.jouanneau at webmail.alten.fr
Thu Mar 20 14:03:47 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm developing an application to test multiprocessing purpose of RTEMS for
SPARC/ERC32 CPU.
I'm using RTEMS 4.0.0 with compiler ERC32CCS 2.0.6 on Solaris.
I developed an MPCI layer to allow communication via Ethernet between 2
CPUs.
My problem is that when I configure RTEMS for multiprocessing, at the end of
function rtems_initialize_executive_early my Init task is launched
immediately after call of rtems_task_start in
_RTEMS_tasks_Initialize_user_tasks.
At this moment, multitasking mode is not allowed : we didn't passed into
rtems_initialize_executive_late function. And when we pass into it,
segmentation fault arrives because my Init task is already launched.

When I don't configure RTEMS for multiprocessing, I see that Init task is
launched only when multitasking is allowed after call of
_Thread_Start_multitasking in rtems_initialize_executive_late.

Can anyone help me?

Sylvain