Implement Functionality Currently Missing in dup

Wei Shen cquark at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 15:56:03 UTC 2008

Hi,

I would like to add dup to my GSoC proposal on posix fifo/pipe, for both of
them are related to file system, which is a topic I am familiar with. The
open project page does not give a clear description about the task. From the
source code, I think what is missing is not in the dup implementation, but
the open file descriptor array. Maybe, it should store the pointers to
actual file descriptors but not the descriptor itself. And, is there need to
support dymamic expansion of the fd array?

Regards,
Wei Shen