ARM946E-S attempt (gdb patches / insight)

gds gds at chartertn.net
Mon Mar 24 14:44:29 UTC 2008

In my attempt to build an ARM946E-S bsp I hijacked the existing csb337
bsp as a starting point. I have built an arm-rtems4.8-insight debugger
in addition to the standard gdb. However, I never applied the rtems
gdb6.6 patches to the insight 6.6 tree. Are they needed with insight?

Anyhow, when running insight debugger I seems that, in "mixed mode", I
don't always see the assembly instructions associated with the correct
source line. The order seems somewhat random and jumps around when I
step. In the attached example you can see that the instructions
associated with a c source line are not always sequentially increasing.
Would that be expected with arm architecture, which I have not worked
with before? Would lack of rtems patches affect this?

The code shown in ex.txt is from bspstart.c.

-gene