rtems_bsdnet_show_inet_routes

Ian Caddy ianc at goanna.iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 26 06:31:46 UTC 2008

Hi Joel,

I am not a texi person and I haven't got 4.8 setup in my system (so not
tested), but hopefully this is a patch file for the testing.t file of
the network supplement.

Let me know if it works and/or if you need me to do anymore on this.

regards,

Ian Caddy

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Ian.. can you submit a patch that adds this explanation
> somewhere in the networking guide?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --joel
>
> Ian Caddy wrote:
>> Hi Leon,
>>
>> I have had to explain almost the same things previously to our
>> customers, so I have researched this in the past.
>>
>> Leon Pollak wrote:
>>
>>> I have the board with two interfaces. When I run
>>> rtems_bsdnet_show_inet_routes
>>> with both interfaces configured with static IP addresses I receive the
>>> following:
>>> --
>>> Destination     Gateway/Mask/Hw    Flags     Refs     Use Expire
>>> Interface
>>> 127.0.0.1       127.0.0.1          UH          0        0      0 lo0
>>> 192.168.1.0     255.255.255.0      U           0        0      2 eth1
>>> 192.168.50.0    255.255.255.0      U           0        0      1 eth0
>>> --
>>> But, when I define the first IF "eth0" to use bootp protocol, the
>>> result looks
>>> as following:
>>>
>>> Destination     Gateway/Mask/Hw    Flags     Refs     Use Expire
>>> Interface
>>> default         192.168.50.1       UGS         0        0      0 eth0
>>> 127.0.0.1       127.0.0.1          UH          0        0      0 lo0
>>> 192.168.1.0     255.255.255.0      U           0        0      2 eth1
>>> 192.168.50.0    255.255.255.0      U           0        0      4 eth0