Another GSOC application

André Keller Abadie akabadie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 01:08:58 UTC 2008

Hi Sven

> But Telelogic is quite reasonable with evaluation (30 day) licenses which
is
> about the time needed to develop and test such an adapter if you have
prior
> knowledge of the OS and its build environment.

That would not be the case since I have access to an academic license at my
university.

> >     This IMHO could do wonders for the adoption of  RTEMS
> on a lot of
> >     avionics/military projects where Rhapsdy is very much used. The
> >     great thing about an adaptor in rhapsody is that it
> only abstracts
> >     the OS API, which means that as soon as it is written, it is
> >     peanuts to have it on others as you only need to select a new
> >     build environment. Since this is gcc for all RTEMS, you
> only need
> >     to modify a few batch files/scripts to add a cpu.

Actually the adaptor is more than
this. Since Rhapsody has model debugging features, great part of the
work would be bsp-dependent, because it'll need to load the
application in the target and then control its activities remotely.
Nevertheless, if well documented and
coded, the amount of time/work needed to include support for other
bsps would be almost insignificant.

Regards,

André--