erc32 wrong compilation flags for initial task with fpu?

Thu Mar 27 15:05:59 UTC 2008

Aleix Conchillo Flaqué wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Joel Sherrill
> <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:
>
>>  Did you every configure the attributes of the initialization
>>  task to be floating point or where you just getting lucky?
>>
>>  #define CONFIGURE_INIT_TASK_ATTRIBUTES RTEMS_FLOATING_POINT
>>

> For sure.
>
> #define CONFIGURE_INIT_TASK_ATTRIBUTES RTEMS_LOCAL | RTEMS_FLOATING_POINT
>
> As I said, with 4.6.1, 4.6.2 and 4.6.4 the application worked fine.
> After the SPARC update in 4.6.5 it just failed at the initialisation
> task (which uses fpu). Removing the -msoft-float from 4.6.6 solved the
> problem.
>
> Yesterday I looked at the patch for the whole afternoon and I did not
> see anything else that could affect, but I am not an expert in RTEMS
> internals, so probably I am missing something.

Look at cpukit/score/src/threadhandler.c and make sure
the thread wrapper code is actually initializing the FP
context correctly the first time to enable it.

Jiri can comment directly but I recall that the SPARC port
assumes RTEMS itself is always soft-float but the application
can be compiled with hardware FP enabled and things will
just work.