virtex BSP (linker script)

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Mar 29 00:44:39 UTC 2008

Thomas

I have a ML405 evaluation boards at hand now and started playing.
After only 2h I got it working and I could even build all of my standard
stuff (the cexpsh shell + loader) and got it working *if* I modify the
linker script:

When I used the standard linkcmds then the init stack blew my (fairly large)
program text. I then looked at the linker script and I must say that I
don't quite
understand the settings for the initial- and interrupt stacks. To me it
seems
that they are set just out in the woods (somewhere in the middle of what at
run-time is going to be the heap actually).
(Also, the interrupt stack is defined twice in the linkcmds).

Could you please explain how the current settings are supposed to work?

Thanks
-- Till

PS: I wanted to try to let the virtex BSP use the new, shared
exception/interrupt
     framework - would you be interested in merging this work?