BSP for 405EX

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Mar 29 00:36:49 UTC 2008

Thomas Doerfler wrote:
> Nigel,
>
> the 405 core is supported.
>
> Don't be confused: quite recently we dropped support for a"gen405" BSP,
> because it was still stuck to the "old exception model". Background: For
> some years, there were two methods to hook exception handlers and
> interrupt handlers to a PowerPC-based system. gen405 was one of the last
> BSPs that used the "old exception handling" scheme and was dropped some
> weeks ago.
>
> But: the "virtex" BSP is also based on a 405 CPU, and it works with the
> "new exception processing", so this BSP will be a better base for your work.

I'd like to add my 2 cents here; recently a framework for supporting
exceptions
and interrupts has been added under

libcpu/powerpc/new-exceptions/bspsupport

please consider using that framework rather than deriving your own variants
from

  libbsp/powerpc/shared/irq/irq_asm.S
  libbsp/powerpc/shared/vectors/vectors.S
  libbsp/powerpc/virtex/irq_init.c