bfin-gdb

Alain Schaefer alani at easc.ch
Thu May 1 21:50:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius at rtems.org>
wrote:

> > It may just require a friendly nudge to get it merged if the
> > paperwork is in place.
> The patch contains this copyright notices by Analog Devices, is mostly
> derived from original FSF gdb code and appears to be GPLv2'ed.
>
> The patch itself once had been been submitted by Alain Schaeffer.

That patch actually just was a diff between the Analog Devices cvs and
upstream.
Unfortunately ADI prefers to work on a separate repository and from time
to time merges their changes back. I just checked for GDB they are still
on 6.6 which is also very outdated.

> >From a mere RTEMS perspective, the problem is gdb having changed to an
> extend, porting (and hopefully cleaning up) the code for current gdb
> would be tedious and would require somebody with actual hardware to  be
> able to test it.

I am currently not working with bfin anymore. But in the end I mostly
used the ICEBear port of GDB (www.section5.ch). Rtems bfin-gdb was very
useful for debugging code running in the skyeye simulator. If/when you
decide
to drop support for it i'll probably add a quick note to the wiki.

Alain