No sparc-rtems4.7-gdb rpm for SuSE 10.3?

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Mon May 5 08:53:36 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 10:32 +0200, Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
> Hi.
>
> While there are gdb packages for other targets than sparc in
> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/linux/4.7/suse/10.3/i586/ , there
> is none with sparc-rtems4.7-gdb.
>
> Is this intentional?
More or less, because

1. sparc-rtems4.7-gdb has always been problematic (read it was bugged)
to build in general and so far has always failed to build for SuSE.

2. The whole rtems4.7 toolchain rpms have begun to expose its age and
hardly builds anywhere anymore[1]

3. SuSE has always had been a 3rd class citzen and received too little
attention.

That said, I plan to look into this during the next couple of days.

>  Is gdb included in some other package?
No. It's just missing.

Ralf

[1] You might have noticed a new set of rtems4.7-gcc rpms last weekend.
In first place, it was addressing fixing a not so ignorable bug in
newlib, but also a major overhaul/mass rebuild to address building
issues.