GSOC:disable newlibc reentrancy

Kenneth J. Peters Kenneth.J.Peters at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu May 8 15:54:16 UTC 2008

Kenneth J. Peters wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> On a bigger scale, I have been trying to get time to write
>> up something on RTEMS Execution Profiles so we have
>> real guidelines to judge by.  I have not named/defined
>> all of the profiles yet but see these two as definite and
>> the high end goal when --enable-posix is specified.
>>
>> + POSIX Realtime Controller System Profile (PSE52)  -
>>    simple file system implementation, one implicit
>>    process with threads support. 287 APIs according to
>>    one source.
>>
>> + POSIX Minimal Realtime System Profile (PSE51) -
>>     no filesystem, one implicit process with threads
>>     support. 626 APIs according to  one source.
>>
>> NOTE: I have not yet found a complete list of those
>>             APIs to judge RTEMS by.  PSE53 and PSE54
>>             require processes.  PSE54 is full POSIX.  If
>>             someone can find a list of API calls required,
>>             I would like to know so we can audit against
>>             the profiles.
>>

> See IEEE 1003.13–2003, “Standardized Application Environment Profile -
> POSIX Realtime and Embedded Application Support (AEP)” at
> http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/standardstoc.jsp?isnumber=29578

And also "official" test suites for some profiles at
http://www.opengroup.org/testing/testsuites/posix.html. These are
indicated to be free for open source projects, and I am poking around to
see if a project I am involved with might have some resources (money
and/or time) to help get RTEMS POSIX certified.