GSOC:disable newlibc reentrancy

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu May 8 16:52:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 11:33 -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 10:05 -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> >
> >> Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > Then remove this silly CONFIGURE*REENTRANCY crap you added to RTEMS.
> >
> > THIS makes builds using it a SPECIAL build and renders shipping binaries
> > of cpukit IMPOSSIBLE.
> >

> Ralf.. it doesn't.  I don't know what it is going to take to
> make you see that configures in confdefs.h have no impact
> on how cpukit is built.

The OP asked to use it inside of cpukit!

BTW: The origin of what you call  reentrancy bloat is in newlib and
newlib's support routines inside of RTEMS.

As I already wrote elsewhere: You are in error to believe RTEMS will
ever be able to compete with highly optimized bare-metal scheduling
libraries. This is what makes this whole GSOC project a waste of time.

Ralf