Is SIS UART simulation bi-diretional?

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis fabricio at dea.inpe.br
Mon May 12 19:51:11 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm without my ERC32 development board at the moment, and I need to debug
some applications which involve serial communication through the ERC32
UARTs.

When I run the command 'sparc-rtems4.7-sis -uart1 /dev/ttyXX', SIS connects
to the 'ttyXX' device and my application sends data as expected. However, it
can't receive data through the simulated UART. No trap is triggered.

I'm used to SIS, but I've never used it to simulate serial communication. Is
it really possible to inject data through a device connected to SIS? The
manual (and the proper '-uart1' option) imply that it is possible, so maybe
I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis - DEA / INPE
Onboard Data Handling Group - SUBORD
Aerospace Electronics Division
Brazilian National Institute for Space Research