GCC Linkscript problem

Steven Grunza grunza at ulticom.com
Fri May 16 17:29:32 UTC 2008

It looks like my problems with the H8SX port are related to the
start/linkcmds script.

Does anyone know of a good reference on the subject?  The data that is
supposed to be placed in the Flash and then copied into RAM by
start/start.S appears to be getting put by GCC directly into the address
range where RAM is supposed to be.  If I convert the s-record file into
binary and then dump the binary I can see data in memory locations that
are far above the end of the Flash.

The short story is I made a mistake in the linkcmds file but I can't
find any references on how to fix it.

"Unix is user friendly, it's just  Steven Grunza
particular about with whom it      voice: (856) 787 - 2759
makes friends."                    fax:   (856) 866 - 2033
- Unknown                          mailto:grunza at ulticom.com
                                   flames:/dev/null