Target prefix on *.rel files leads to link step failure

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Sun May 18 16:44:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 12:22 +0200, John Pickwick wrote:
> Hello,
>
> hmmm may be I missed some step ...
Yes, you are sending HTML mails via using an MTA (free.fr) which is so
badly maintained, it rejects valid emails as spam.

Please switch to better email provider, learn not use HTML in emails on
mailing lists or you better quit this list.

> I have built my rtems 4.8 for sparc successfully using
> target=sparc-rtems4.8 and then program-prefix=sparc-rtems4.8-
The latter is your mistake. Don't use --program-prefix. The rtems
makefiles are not designed to use it and are getting confused if you do
so, because there is no need to do so.

> (to find the tools).
I don't understand this.

>  So at the end, I get a leon2 bsp directory where *.rel files have a
> "sparc-rtems4.8-" prefix and the link step does not pass for this
> reason. The link command requires for example no-barrier.rel (so
> without any sparc-rtems4.8 prefix). I removed manually the prefix and
> it's ok.
>
> Where's my mistake in the build process ?
If your toolchain had been build correctly, and if your PATH is set up
correctly things will work out of the box, without --program-prefix

Ralf