Console operation ERC32

Neil Mayes N.Mayes at sstl.co.uk
Tue May 20 12:15:40 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I have been using the ERC32, real HW, and have found some strange
console effects, maybe someone could explain. I have built the BSP as
released for version 4.8 and have a couple of tasks that sleep for 5, 10
and 15 seconds. They wake up and print the current time, however the
complete line of text is not always printed until the 5 second sleep
task wakes. I thought the console (as standard) was polled, however I
would have thought it would have a poll time wrt baud rate? For the
ERC32 there is no BSP support for changing the baud rate so I guess the
poll time is not linked to the baud. The baud rate appears to be
whatever the bootloader has configured it to be, in my case 38K4. Could
we have a bug here with the way the polled console works?

Regards,
Neil

Neil Mayes
Software Engineer