Cancel read on socket

Torsten Landschoff torsten.landschoff at nambition.com
Tue May 27 13:47:42 UTC 2008

Leon Pollak wrote:
> Is there any way to cancel currently waiting read operation on UDP socket?
> I do not want to close it (need to use it immediately) or use select()
> (consumes a lot of CPU time).

Why does select() consume a lot of CPU time!? Wouldn't it be obvious to
fix select() then? Or poll for that matter...

AFAIK, the standard approach is to use a non-blocking socket, try a read
and only use select() if no data was available.

Sorry for not knowing a better/tested solution...

  Torsten

--
Torsten Landschoff | Embedded software and FPGA development
nAmbition GmbH     | Tatzberg 47, 01307 Dresden
                   | HRB NR. 23095 b. Amtsgericht Dresden
Geschäftsführung   | Dr. J. Struckmeier, F. Pelzer, René M. Schretzmann