autoconf 2.59 or 2.60 to build RTEMS 4.8

Tue May 6 17:01:14 UTC 2008

R. D. Flowers, Chattanooga TN USA wrote:
> Greetings Community !
>
> I am trying to build RTEMS 4.8 ( on x86, FC 4 ).
>
> The README.configure file says I need:
> autoconf2.59
> automake1.8
>
> and I have:
> autoconf2.59
> automake1.9.5 .
>
> But, configure.ac demands:
> autoconf2.60
> .
>
> What should I do ?

For GSOC, use the CVS head and RPMs. :-D

As a general rule, RTEMS always needs its own autotools
versions which MUST match both in version and patch.
Thanks to Ralf, we are often ahead of your OS for auto*, gcc, etc.

rtems-4.8-autoconf-2.61-5.fc8
rtems-4.9-autoconf-2.61-5.fc8
rtems-4.8-automake-1.10-5.fc8
rtems-4.9-automake-1.10.1-1.fc8

Hint.. we are likely to have a patch with a rev of -5. :-D