GSOC:disable newlibc reentrancy

Thu May 8 17:17:37 UTC 2008

Alan Cudmore wrote:
> The announcement below may be of interest to the TinyRTEMS project.
> An RTEMS API compatible RTOS. It is currently targeted to the Leon 2,
> but it should be possible to port it to new architectures. The
> announcement says it will be released under GPL this year.

I want to comment on a couple of points in this.

+ 7KB memory footprint probably is just kernel
    services in minimum usage -- not everything
    and not a BSP.  RTEMS proper is not far from that.

+ Test coverage.  The test coverage on the CVS head
    is on the order of 97-98% for all the code in
    score, posix, rtems, and sapi using the tests in
    CVS.  This was verified on tsim/erc32.  If you want
    100% binary coverage, it is just a matter of pursuing
    those last cases.

+ Many of the "features" sound like things in
    RTEMS presented in marketing speak.  A few
    sound like it has been tailored to the LEON.

The rest is interesting in that it shows a "profile"
that we could meet with standard source with
a prebuilt cpukit.

--joel