Mingw Tools 4.7

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri May 9 05:05:05 UTC 2008

Paul Whitfield wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>

> I am trying (in a spare minute) to drag my application out of the RTEMS
> dark ages onto a current RTEMS version. Currently I am stuck at rtems
> 4.6.6  for Coldfire on Windows :-(

Great.

> I have tried to go to 4.8, how-ever the current gcc in the rtems4-8
> for mingw gets ICE's for Rtems and my code so that is not an option.

Yes. This is fixed in rtems-4.9. This does not help you as I am yet to
generate a 4.9 set of tools. Changes to gcc have required I do some work and I
am progressing but it is a back ground task.

> So I tried to go for 4.7. Downloading and installing 4.7-4 for Mingw
> from the rtems server actually installs a 4.8 tool chain!

Hmm, I must have a bug in the scripts for building the tools. I will take a look.

> Should I be using 4.7-3 for building 4.7?

I suspect you need the later but I cannot remember. I will take a look.

Regard
Chris