mpc83xx.h compile error

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Fri May 16 18:54:37 UTC 2008

Joel,

Joel Sherrill schrieb:
> Tracked down to this line in mpc83xx.h:
>
>     volatile uint32_t or;                 /* 0x0_5004 Options register 0
> R/W 0x0000_0FF7 10.3.1.2/10-12 */
>
> And this #define in iso646.h from gcc I think:
>

> #define or      ||
>
> I assume the name of the structure member needs to change.

Sigh. Who has come to the idea to create such a "define" and occupy this
identifier in such a stupid way!

> Any one using that field?  Or can I just rename it to
> "optionsr" and fix the resulting compile errors?

But the relevant register will only be used on assembly level currently,
so renaming it to "oreg" schould not harm anybody.

wkr,
Thomas.

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
Tel. : +49-89-18 90 80 79-2
Fax  : +49-89-18 90 80 79-9
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de