Watchdog device driver

Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Thu May 22 02:14:31 UTC 2008

At 05:12 PM 5/21/2008, you wrote:
>This is a good idea. I see the driver as something like:
>
>   int wd = open ("/dev/wd0", O_WRONLY, 0);
>
>   ioctl (wd, RTEMS_WDOG_RESET);        /* reset the watchdog */
>   ioctl (wd, RTEMS_WDOG_CONFIG, 250);  /* set the timeout to be 250msec */
>   ioctl (wd, RTEMS_WDOG_TRIGGER);      /* trigger a watchdog reset */
>
>   close (wd);
>
>Regards

I like the interface, in all of the systems that I have written there
was a two phase strobbing, I suspect that would be the RESET and TRIGGER, yes?

Where in the BSP would this sort of stuff go? (Being a moderate
newbie I have to ask. I didn't know there was support for SPI, I'll
have to look that up)

Andrei Chichak

Systems Developer
CBF Systems