Cancel read on socket

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Wed May 28 06:22:27 UTC 2008

On Wednesday, 28 בMay 2008, Chris Johns wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > Without thinking about compatibility at all, shouldn't it be
> > possible to add an RTEMS specific IOCTL which forced
> > a read() to return an error like ECANCELED?
>
> I do not think this is a good idea. Other ways to solve this problem have
> been suggested.
As someone who feels strong interest in this, can I ask the question - why is
this not a good idea?

Again, practice shows that it is not so dangerous, as Windows has CancelIo
function which does this.

And, believe me, my code in the case I described should look much simpler and
straight forward.

Thanks.
--
Leon