mvme5500

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Fri Nov 7 15:23:15 UTC 2008

rtwas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems you are the authority on the RTEMS mvme5500 bsp.
Not really!  :-)
In July, 2008, I already sent Till Straumann an official letter to
agree that I will step down as the original author of
RTEMS-MVME5500 "as per EPICS license", so that he can be the
current author to support both of the mvme5500 and mvme6100.
I guess Till agrees because I did not receive any official reply back
from him.
> I have been trying to get
> "netdemos" working on my mvme5500 using rtems-4.8.1 with little success.
I did not try netdemos in rtems-4.8.1, but it should work.  If it does not
work, there might be some bugs in netdemos.  There are some bugs
in RTEMS-4.8.0-mvme5500 BSP, which should be invisible to netdemos.
However, I did not get "the opportunity" to see if it's fixed in RTEMS-4.8.1
because I already wrote a  "disco" BSP to support the discovery based boards
such as the mvme5500 and mvme6100.
> I tried to run
> your pre-built "rtems5500-cexp.bin" from the "mvme5500-1.3" package on
> your website
> but it segfaults immedietly. :( Of course I don't have "bootp" running
> yet. I expected it (cexp)
> would just complain about things but still come up. In any case, I
> could sure use some help
> if you could find the time.
I am not sure what you use. We had it working on either 'DHCP" or "bootp".
At this point, it does not make sense to work with the software that is
posted
on my website. I have'nt  had "the opportunity" to update it with the
"disco" BSP.

Ciao,
Kate Feng