Any Issues Preventing 4.9.1?

Thu Nov 13 14:33:03 UTC 2008

Thomas Doerfler wrote:
> Joel,
>
> today we have hit another issue concerning the PPC Decrementer driver
> and CPU Usage... We are currently investigating things, but obviously we
> are having problems with excessive interupt disable times.

This sounds like something that will take a while to resolve. Is the
disable time in the driver or somewhere else?  I assume you are
seeing the adjustment factor being larger than you like.

I wasn't going to cut 4.9.1 this week but next week is a possibility.
Maybe you will have some luck.  Keep me posted and we can see
how this goes.

I have a few pending non-critical patches to merge.

--joel