RTEMS and USB: who needs it?

Thomas Dörfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Wed Nov 19 10:03:53 UTC 2008

Hi,

several times in the past we have discussed in several forums to add USB
support in RTEMS. Since USB interfaces are now available on many host
plattforms and many peripheral devices have a USB interface integrated,
USB support gets more and more crucial when selecting an RTOS.

The efforts to add good USB support to RTEMS is rather high. In the past
no volunteers showed up to do it just for fun and no funding could be
raised to finance the development.

Currently we have a customer request for USB, so I want to take it as an
opportunity to query the RTEMS community:

- who is also interested in getting USB support?
- who will be able to supply partial funding for this project?

We want to collect responses and check, whether enough partial funding
can be combined to get the job done.

Whoever is interested to push this project: Please send me a PM.

wkr,

Thomas Doerfler

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
Tel. : +49-89-18 90 80 79-2
Fax  : +49-89-18 90 80 79-9
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de