Who is RobertF?

Robert Fu robert.fu at live.com
Thu Nov 20 10:24:10 UTC 2008

Hi Jeol,

It's me. Last night I uploaded screen shots while writing/previewing "RTEMS Eclipse Plug-In" wiki page. Although some files were uploaded,  error page (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error or Could not create directory) came up for almost every uploading, and later I could not accessthe wiki site.

I developed an Eclipse plug-in for RTEMS (http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_Eclipse_Plug-in). Please take a look. I'm new to RTEMS, and also new to Eclipse plug-in
development. This is the 1st plug-in that I  ever developed. So please
be patient if you encounter problems while using it.

While working on the GDB part of the plug-in, I initially used --enable-rdbg inconfigure. Later I found --enable-rtems-debug was mentioned in a wiki page. When I used both --enable-rdbg and --enable-rtems-debug in configure, during startup my application hang at "_HAssert(_Heap_Is_prev_used( next_block ));" in cpukit\score\src\heapsizeofuserarea.c. I went back to use --enable-rdbg. So myquestion is: which configure option should be used to enable remote debugging?

I wish RTEMS had support for modern gigabit ethernet cards such as Realtek RTL8111Cand Intel 82574L. Many new hardware kits only have this kind of gigabit ethernet cards,and without corresponding network driver, it seems that serial port becomes the only supported bi-directional link that can be used to interact with external systems.

Thanks,Robert Fu