plugin first steps

Mon Nov 24 16:26:48 UTC 2008

>> Although I don't know how actually Sebastian plan to do it, I think
>> if we can
>> automatically extract settings/configurations from Makefiles generated
>> by configure process, it's an improvement over the current one
>> since it'd
>> require less user input.
>>

> That approach implies some type of parser is required. I'm sure
> Sebastian will communicate his ideas here as soon as he's able.

I have attached a Makefile which shows how to extract
a few of the key variables.  It might help as an example.

Long term, it would be better to generate the Eclipse
file and just install it along with the BSP.  So try to keep
this part of the kit very small so it is easy to grab from
the RTEMS BSP install.