gpio driver

Bassem Fahmy t_fahmy_bassem at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 11 18:04:58 UTC 2008

Hi,
I'm a newbie to rtems. i already built a bsp with a console and clock drivers only. i have an application where I'm going to control GPIO to open and close some relays. should i write a dirver for this? and what is the API and how can the application use this driver. or should i write some function to write to the GPIO memories directly? if so, the application will call these functions directly?

are both solutions possible and which one to pick.

Thanks for help.