RES: about SPARC_HAS_FPU = 1

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis fabricio at dea.inpe.br
Tue Oct 28 13:00:02 UTC 2008

Maybe I'm missing something, but I looked at my erc32.cfg file (RTEMS
4.8.1), and there is no -msoft-float flag on CPU_FLAGS. Only "CPU_FLAGS =
-mcpu=cypress".

So I have two questions:

1) If I understood it correctly, currently (I'm not talking about a future
patch here) we should set the -msoft-float flag to avoid the use of the
floating point registers in integer operations by gcc. Is it right?

2) Reading a 2006 discussion
[http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2006/may/msg00007.html] I noticed that
the flag was on the 1.27.4.1 version of erc32.cfg (RTENS 4.6.6). Why it was
removed?

Fabrício.