Obtaining Semaphore in a Interrupt?

Angelo Fraietta newsgroups at smartcontroller.com.au
Thu Sep 11 21:15:15 UTC 2008

Victor Vengerov wrote:
> Leonard,
>
> Perform actual interrupt processing at task level! Interrupt handler may
> clean up the interrupt condition in hardware and wake up a dedicated
> (possibly high-priority) task by sending an event, releasing the
> semaphore or by some other synchronization means. Further processing can
> be done at task level - without any limitations.

That is how I did mine as well. If you are going to disable interrupts
at any time, watch out that you don't disable them for too long in your
task (or any task) because you might actually miss some interrupts (I
found this out the hard way).

--
Dr Angelo Fraietta
A.Eng, A.Mus.A, BA(Hons), Ph.D.

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303

Home Page

http://www.smartcontroller.com.au/

There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge - that is
CURIOSITY
     Bernard of Clairvaux (1090 - 1153)