Bug? Initializing rtems "rtems_pty_maximum_ptys" ? (v4.8.0)

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Mon Sep 15 13:49:44 UTC 2008

In my init() function I set CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_PTY to 2. But I get a
message printed saying:
DEVICE: /dev/pty0../dev/ptyFFFFFFFF (0)pseudo-terminals registered.

It appears that rtems_pty_maximum_ptys is never intialized so stays at
0. Instead, rtems_telnetd_maximum_pty is intialized to
CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_PTY in cpukit/sapi/include/confdefs.h but is never used.

cpukit/ChangeLog-pre2007 indicates that rtems_telnetd_maximum_pty has
been renamed to rtems_pty_maximum_pty. It looks like the rename was
missed in confdefs.h.

This is with 4.8.0.  Head cvs version of confdefs.h looks the same.

-gene