Bug? Initializing rtems "rtems_pty_maximum_ptys" ? (v4.8.0)

Mon Sep 15 16:36:50 UTC 2008

Gene Smith wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> Gene Smith wrote:
>>
>>> In my init() function I set CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_PTY to 2. But I get a
>>> message printed saying:
>>> DEVICE: /dev/pty0../dev/ptyFFFFFFFF (0)pseudo-terminals registered.
>>>
>>> It appears that rtems_pty_maximum_ptys is never intialized so stays at
>>> 0. Instead, rtems_telnetd_maximum_pty is intialized to
>>> CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_PTY in cpukit/sapi/include/confdefs.h but is never used.
>>>
>>> cpukit/ChangeLog-pre2007 indicates that rtems_telnetd_maximum_pty has
>>> been renamed to rtems_pty_maximum_pty. It looks like the rename was
>>> missed in confdefs.h.
>>>
>>> This is with 4.8.0.  Head cvs version of confdefs.h looks the same.
>>>

>> Looks like a typo.  If you change confdefs.h, does it work
>> as expected?
>>

> Yes, works fine. I now see what the "shell" looks like. :)

I see the smiley.  And the shell in 4.8.0 is a pale
comparison to what is in 4.9.  Chris and I did a lot
of work between 4.8 and now and it really shows
for the shell command set.

http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs//doc-current/share/rtems/html/shell/index.html

There is now a manual.  Chris ported a number of
commands from BSD (ls, rm, cp, mv etc) and wrote
some disk functionality commands.  I did general
work and wrote a number of RTEMS specific commands
like cpuuse, perioduse, mallocinfo, date, etc.

It can now process scripts (no conditional logic yet).
>> If so, file a PR and attach your diff.  I will commit it on
>> all active branches.
>>

> OK. But having trouble logging into bugzilla. Emailed jeff mayes to
> reset my account which I didn't know I had.

He will get to it.